Assignment 6: Progress Report III
Due: Wednesday, November 6 at 4:00pm. Submit on Canvas.
Keep vectoring and working on your projects!
The goals and requirements for this assignment are identical to Assignment 4 and 5:
- At the end of Assignment 5, you engaged in re-vectoring with your team to identify this week's vector ("What is currently the riskiest unanswered question in your project?") and to make a plan.
- For this assignment, work to reduce uncertainty in your chosen vector.
- At the end of the assignment, re-vector for your next steps.
The deliverables are identical to Assignment 4 and 5.
Executing this project will be your team's focus for the rest of the course. Here is a reminder of the timeline:
- Week 4: Introduction due; start executing the project
- Weeks 5-8: work on the project, with weekly check-in assignments
- Week 8: Evaluation plan due in addition to the weekly check-in assignment
- Week 9: Draft paper due
- Week 10: Final presentation in class
- Finals: Final paper due
Submit a PDF with your weekly report. Add your slide to the section's Google Slides slideshow. This is a group assignment; create a group for your team, and one member should submit on behalf of the group.
Your project report will be graded on the following rubric:
- Vector: Did you select a vector that captures the main source of uncertainty in your project right now? (5pt)
- Plan: Did you create a plan that should reduce uncertainty in that vector? Is that plan achievable in a week? (5pt)
- Velocity: Did you make reasonable progress on your plan? We assume that plans may need to evolve as the week goes and you may need to re-vector midweek. We're not grading on whether you stuck exactly to the plan, but on whether you maintained high velocity on your project. (5pt)